- Beer: Sprang
- Style: Kölsch
- Alcohol by volume (ABV): 4.9%
- IBU: 0
- My rating: 4.25/5
- Brewer's notes: Originally brewed as our hoppy welcome to Spring after the long, dark months of winter, this low ABV, kölsch inspired ale is cool fermented and dosed with Nelson Sauvin. Lower fermentation temperature slows the yeast's metabolism and provides balance by gently subduing super-fruity esters and spicy phenols. Sprang is refreshingly light bodied with aromatics of earthy evergreen, passion fruit, and faint doughy malt. Flavors of concord grape, mango, and herbaceous white wine interweave with cracker-crisp, pilsner malt character and minimal bitterness. The finish is dry with a lasting touch of grain.
- Venue: Montgomery Hills, Princeton, NJ
- Brewery: Trillium Brewing Company, Canton, MA, United States
- Brewery Type: Micro Brewery
We are a family owned and operated brewery in the Fort Point Channel neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts. We created Trillium to realize our dream of bringing creative and flavorful beers to you. These beers are what we envision might have been made today, if a centuries old beer culture had naturally evolved in New England. To achieve this vision, we stand our craft beers on the shoulders of native ingredients and artisan practices, balancing them with modern-day expertise.