Legal & Blog Policy Stuff
This policy is was updated 3rd, June 2010.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact me.
- The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to Disclosure Policy
- Comment Form Guidelines: The comment form must be filled in with a proper or legitimate sounding name and URL. Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted.
- Email Privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared. They may be used by the blog owner to privately contact the commenter.
- Commenter Privacy and Protection: All email, snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent such editing, never share this private information within the blog comment.
- A Comment is a Conversation: A comment which does not add to the conversation runs of on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted.
- How The Blogger Will Respond: Comments on this blog will only be responded to in direct response to the blog comment. The blogger will not (or will) respond privately via email or other communication methods to a blog comment.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted: In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
- Comment Spam: Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
- Commenters Blocked: Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on this blog.
- All Rights Reserved: The blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor, and/or author reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. They also have the right to block access to anyone or group from commenting or from the entire blog.
- Hold Harmless: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not the blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor, or author. By submitting a comment on our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, [name], and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
- Trackbacks Are Comments: All trackbacks will be treated inline with our Comments Policy. #Disclaimers# The opinions expressed on this website are the owner’s personal views, which implies the owner is responsible for them, not the owner’s employer or another agency. All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Links to Related Internet Sites
Certain links in this Blog connect to third-party websites. The blog owner does not accept any responsibility for, nor makes any representations as to the accuracy of, any content in such third party websites.
Third Party Comments
Third parties may submit comments for publication on the Blog. Any such comments are submitted on the basis that the owner will review and may edit such comments and that not all submissions will be published. Any third party comments published on the Blog (whether edited or not) are third party information for which the blog owner takes no responsibility and disclaims all liability, and the above disclaimer applies to any such third party comments.
If and to the extent that you submit any personal data (such as your name and email address) through this Blog, including by email to the Blog manager, the owner confirms that it will only use any such personal data for the purposes for which you have provided such data. This policy is subject to change at any time.
Disclosure of Material Connection
Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The following is based on Licensing by Trey Ratcliff. Khürt Williams and Island in the Net have the philosophy that art is meant to be seen and not hoarded. Our licensing policies are thus designed to balance the costs that go into creating and sharing our images with the desire to provide inspiration through our images on the internet and around the world. Island in the Net allows the use of Khürt’s images in two ways:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Khürt Williams and Island in the net must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License
- Blog Post describing a trip to Princeton
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place. Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Khürt Williams or Island in the Net. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – the number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc. All licensing inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
Sample Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for-profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home