- Beer: Cellar Door
- Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale
- Alcohol by volume (ABV): 6.6%
- IBU: 12
- My rating: 3⁄5
- Brewer's notes: My goal was to craft an ale of extreme balance with a delicate complexity that allows for contemplation while also providing quaffable refreshment. starting with a base of German wheat & pale malts this crisp slightly hazy foundation was then accented with a blend of Sterling & Citra hops providing a intricate blend of herbal grass & tangerine citrus flavors and aroma. to pull this all together and to complete the ’cleansing’ aspect of my vision i gently finished the ale off with a touch of white sage, lending a mild earthy spice character to the blend. of course let’s not forget our house saison yeast that brought all the elements together leaving a dry yet intricate finish.
- Venue: Rocky Hill, NJ, Rocky Hill, NJ
- Brewery: Stillwater Artisanal, Baltimore, MD, United States
- Brewery Type: Micro Brewery
Stillwater Artisanal is the nomadic 'gypsy' brewing venture headed by Baltimore native, Brian "Stillwater" Strumke. A former internationally renowned techno DJ and producer who rather quickly made his mark in the homebrewing community for his often odd concoctions and unconventional brewing methods. Competitions often yielded wins in the more esoteric categories and his intricate use of herbs, spices, wild yeasts, and anything else he could get his hands on often came to judges with both intrigue and enjoyment. In 2010, after about 5 years of backyard brewing, Brian has taken Stillwater Artisanal Ales to the public. Traveling the world to collaborate with various breweries hand-crafting small-batch, authentic ales.