Thick-cut bacon, eggs, whole-grain toast and a mug of freshly brewed coffee.
[recipe Title=”A Simple Breakfast” Servings=”1″ Description=”Bacon, eggs, toast and a mug of freshly brewed coffee.” Difficulty=”Easy” image=”https://islandinthenet.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/A-Simple-Breakfast_NIKON-D5000_20180415.jpg” time=”20 minues”]
Based on the information I compiled from FatSecret my breakfast had about 507 calories, 24.77g of carbohydrate, 30.58g of protein, and 32.94g of fat.
– 2 slices Dave’s Killer Bread Thin-Sliced Organic Bread 21 Whole Grain & Seeds
– 3 slices Farmland Foods Thick Sliced Bacon
– 2 large eggs
1. Heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Arrange the bacon slices in one layer on top of the oven rack.
3. Position the oven rack in the lower third of the oven.
4. Bake until the bacon is golden brown and crispy, 12 to 20 minutes. The exact baking time will depend on the how thick your bacon is and how crisp you like it.
5. Remove bacon from oven and set aside on a paper towel to cool.
5. Re-use some of the bacon greases and add to a cast iron skillet on medium-low heat.
6. Beat the eggs with a whisk.
7. Scramble eggs in cast iron skillet.
8. Make toast.
9. Make coffee.