The following applies only to work created by Khürt L. Williams. All third-party works retain their original copyright.
Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise indicated, all creative works on this website are Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International. With Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International you are free:
To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image Under these conditions:
Attribution: Attribution to Khürt Williams must be made along with the image.
Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what I define as commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License
- Blog Post describing a trip to a location
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in the art
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the entity’s tax-filing status using the image nor on whether a financial transaction occurs. Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Khürt Williams. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee (negotiated before the image is used). Our prices are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – the number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, two years, etc.
- The prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc. All licensing inquiries should be sent to Khurt Williams.
Sample Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
A fund-raising campaign for a not-for-profit entity
A background image for a website about furniture
License to create an individual print for use in a private home
How can I be sure that I am not violating your copyright?
Simple. Ask. There are many ways to contact me via this website and social media.