I could be editing photos from my visit to the Duke Farms Orchid Range on Friday but … I think I just want to sit and relax with a Troon ale.
- Beer: Neither Pine nor Apple: Discuss
- Style: IPA – Imperial / Double
- Alcohol by volume (ABV): 9.5%
- IBU: 0
- My rating: 4/5
- Brewer’s notes: This beer is brewed with lactose and refermented on a ridiculous amount of pineapple (15% of the total volume of the batch to be exact) before being dryhopped with Simcoe lupulin powder and Citra. Contrary to our expectations the pineapple actually clarified this beer and left it with the beautiful, ever so slightly hazy appearance you see above. More beer-like than our previous smoothies, but less IPA than our hoppy beers.
- Venue: Montgomery Hills, Princeton, NJ
- Brewery: Troon Brewing, Hopewell, NJ, United States
- Brewery Type: Micro Brewery
WE DO NOT HAVE A TAPROOM AT THE BREWERY BUT 100% OF OUR DRAUGHT BEER GOES TO BRICK FARM TAVERN WHICH IS ON THE SAME PROPERTY. POURS AND FLIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE WHENEVER THEY ARE OPEN, EVEN WHEN WE ARE CLOSED. WE DO NOT SERVE ANY POURS OR TASTINGS AT THE BREWERY ITSELF. WE DO NOT HAVE TAPS AT THE BREWERY, WE DO NOT FILL GROWLERS, WE DO NOT OPEN UNLESS WE HAVE PRE-FILLED, 32OZ CANS OF OUR LATEST BEER. WE RARELY RELEASE MORE THAN ONE BEER PER WEEK, WHICH MEANS THE ACTUAL BREWERY IS RARELY OPEN MORE THAN ONE DAY A WEEK.