I had every intention of writing a review of the Calorie King Nutrition and exercise manager but then ....well...I got busy with other things and now I have lost the motivation and interrest.
The salient features of the software are:
- record everything you eat - The software has a nutrional database of over 50,000 food items including restaurant fare.
- Nutrional information for The database is routinely updated and the user can add his/her own custom items.
- track sodium, saturated fat, cholesterol, calcium, and sugar, in addition to calories, total fat, carbs, protein, and fiber.
- personal profile feature allows the user to tailor track eating habits againt personal health goals
- Charts and graphs to track personal progress
If anyone is reading this then simply go to CalorieKing.com and download the trial software for your platform. I happen to use Mac OS-X. Personally, I think it's a great piece of software that can help anyone to track what they eat. It is not geared toward people with diabetes but certainly does help. What features would I like?
- Ability to download my meter readings
- A journal to record my insulin dosages
- Charts and graphs so that I can see how blood glucose was affected by what I ate
Powered by Qumana
funnymommy1st November 2006 at 5:23 PM
hmmm, I'm hypoglycemic and happened to stumble across your blog via the lil arrow (next blog function)
I am def. going to check out this software too.
Mind you, I'm already fairly good at tracking what I eat and my meter levels. It's all a part of the game, isn't it?
Glad I popped in. Hope you're having a nice day.