Outside of sync services, Apple has other web problems. Here are a few examples:
- Apple can’t update its online store without taking it offline first.
- A popular Game Center game was able to bring down the entire network.
- Apple requires you to re-friend everyone on Game Center, Find my Friends, and Shared Photostreams.
- Notes requires an email account to sync.
- The iTunes and App Stores are still powered by WebObjects, a mostly dead framework written almost 20 years ago.
- iMessage for Mac lives in an alternate dimension in which time has no ordered sequence.
(Via Daring Fireball)
I agree that Apple has a problem in this area. Google’s web services are solid. However, I don’t believe buying Twitter is the answer.