I lost the entire set of aquarium plants due to "melt". It was my fault. I ordered some plants, and I was impatient put all the plants in at once. This overloaded the ecosystem, and the plants collapsed and started to rot. I managed to save the betta and the frogbit (Limnobium laevigatum), the only surviving plants.
I then bought a Nerite snail to keep algae at bay. It’s cheaper than an algae diffuser, and the snail is pretty. But I killed him too.
So I started over. I cleaned the tank, did a 60% water change, waited a few weeks and replanted it with Java moss and Anubias nana petite. I used aquarium string to tie the rheophyte rhizomes and moss in place. Things look good so far.
I do weekly water changes and use Seachem Flourish Excel (extra carbon) and Seachem Flourish Advance to help the plants.
A new snail will arrive in a few weeks.